About 'COVID Updated:
This e-Learning course is a part of the blended-learning concept for education of medical students and medical staff on the clinical aspects of COVID-19. It offers all interested professional individuals a free and easy to access e-learning resource for fast information acquiration, information spread, practical hands-on tips, up-to-date medical knowledge and recommendations. The WHO and many other institutions host a multitude of relevant studies and guidelines regarding SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, but it is rather difficult to filter out useful and practical information from the great amount of materials published. This online course will provide you with the background on this Virus and useful practical clinical basics.
This e-learning includes a multitude of chapters and you will need to dedicate between 2 - 3 days on the entire course - depending on the amount of original sources and suggested further readings which you wish to cover in-depth. We provide a multitude of selected scientific publications and point out other e-learning courses that can be used alongside this online course to supplement certain topics.
We hope to contribute our share of spreading clinical information and background knowledge to all interested professionals and healthcare providers.
- General information on SARS-CoV-2
- Relevant clinical information on COVID-19
- Basics on vaccine development
- Safe use of Personal Proctection Equipment (PPE)
- Airway Management principles on COVID-19 patients
- Basics of ventilation
- CPR guidelines in times of COVID
- Ethical considerations
- Teamworking and soft-skills
This course is designed for medical students within their clinical years of study and all healthcare professionals (MD's, nurses, residents, students, EMS staff, etc.) intersted in gaining useful knowledge or involved in the care for COVID-19 patients.
-> Please be advised that this course may not be suitable for lay-persons.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
Please click on 'register' on the top right of your screen and follow the steps. You will receive an email to verify your registration information. If you do not receive your registration email, please make sure to also check your junk-email folder.
You will be ready to start your courses after you verified your e-mail by clicking on the personal verification-link sent to you.
How can I enroll?
After your successful registration and e-mail verification, please login on http://elearning.medopolo.com and enroll in the 'Corona Virus: Basic Course'. Now you are ready to start your course.
What web browser should I use?
The Open edX platform works best with current versions of Chrome, Firefox or Safari, or with Internet Explorer version 9 and above.
See our list of supported browsers for the most up-to-date information.
This e-learning course is accredited by:
- the Ludwigs-Maximilian University (LMU) Munich, Germany ( Final-Year (PJ) students credit),
- Faculty of Medicine Botucatu (FMB), Botucatu, Brasil (36 credit hour elective),
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP), São Paulo, Brasil (e-lective course), and
- CEU Universidad Cardenal Herrera, Spain (as e-lective course)
- several additional institutions are currently under review.